November 05, 2006

Introducing the 2007 Subaru Forester L.L.Bean Edition

With Judy and Elroy learning to drive we've been thinking lately about getting a new car. Not that the new car would be theirs (I'm just stating this for the record), but a car with an automatic transmission that would be easier for them to drive in heavy traffic. Although both are progressing at driving our current stick-shift cars, we are concerned that driving a manual introduces one more element for them to think about; Jane and I are worried that a momentary lapse while driving in heavy traffic (which is routine in our area) could be disasterous. So without any further ado, I will introduce our latest vehicle.......our first automatic transmission, totally new, 2007 Subaru Forester L.L.Bean Edition, as yet unnamed.



It is easy for me to understand Jane's attraction to this car by making a comparison between it and me. The outside is two-tone, Newport Blue Pearl and Urban Gray Metallic. I have Newport Blue Pearl eyes and the rest of me could be described as urban gray. The Forester is also described as the perfect blend of ruggedness and comfort (just like me). Equally adept at taming twisty back roads and absorbing the bumps of off-pavement trails (once again--just like me), the Forester L.L.Bean Edition combines the best attributes of an SUV and a passenger car. And it boasts a number of unique features (need I mention my unique features?), including an electronic compass on the rear-view mirror (well, I usually avoid anything having to do with my rear-view), a durable water-resistant surface on the cargo area floor and rear seatback, as well as extra-rugged floor mats that stand up to years of use. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate the ample cargo room (no comment)– and the self-leveling rear suspension that helps when driving with a full load (again, no comment!). Anyway, you get the picture, George is stamped all over that car. I'm sure that Jane, at least subconciously, wants to be in the driver's seat with George. Hey, maybe that will be the new name for the car....George. Below are George's instruments panels.


1 comment:

Michael P. Rellahan said...

Michael Wathen will be so honored that you are following in his footsteps!