January 28, 2008

Home Addition Update

January 28th. The bedroom is nearing completion. Jason and the construction foreman from our previous renovation project, John, have been busy installing the casing trim on the windows and doors. Here are recent photos of the bedroom looking toward the backyard through the bay window. The ceiling wasn't quited as high as we would have liked but it had to be about 6 inches lower to accomodate the air conditioning ducts in the ceilling.
At right, imagine I'm standing near the bay window looking forward to the left-front of the house with a view inside Jane's closet. It turns out that the BONI was only planning a simple shelf and ROD for the closet and Jane will certainly need a lot more than one rod. So I have a new DIY project once BONI is done. Jason and I talked about installing a closet maid system in the closet. I used closet maid in the basement closets I installed last year and it's pretty easy, so this shouldn't be a problem and Jane and I can custom fit the closet with a lot of shelving, storage bins, and rods.
The last view below is a view to the right-front and the door leading from the bedroom to the back porch.

No comments: